Monday

Happy Thoughts :)


tinkerbell
Originally uploaded by Beatrice Petty.
Well Hello there All!

So begins another week in the Big Smoke and despite last night's late bedtime and my little monster cat keeping me up most of the night, I feel pretty darn good today. I am over the unexpectedly disappointing turn that my weekend took and I am SO ready to move on.

Actually, back up a moment! There is still something from the weekend that I will NOT get over as easily, and that was the train wreck that was The Oscars last night. I am HORRIFIED that Million Dollar Baby won Best Picture. Horrified! And whoever was in charge of the lighting last night? Let's just say that I don't think that he/she/they should be allowed to do their jobs unsupervised EVER again. I'm thinking that something a little softer than 1 trillion watt halogen might have been in order. Don't even get me started on Beyonce! At least Orlando was there. He's so dreamy, my little metrosexual fantasy.

And how did the old girl do with her Oscar predictions? Not so well, I am afraid. Out of the 17 categories that I made a stab at, I got 8 right. I would have had had more, but, um, please refer to my above-mentioned horror at the victory of MDB. That is the all I have to say on the matter.

So, what's next for Sweet Bea, I can here you all asking. Er... I dunno but I am making the steps towards figuring that out. Actually something did come up this weekend which was really very helpful. Without going into all the details, a tool that I have recently been using to help me along my emotional awakening kind of came out of nowhere and bitch slapped me right across the face with some advice. Although I knew it all along, I was made to step back and re-evaluate the face that I have been showing to others of late. What I found/ re-affirmed was that it has been decidedly negative. Yes, I've had my feelings somewhat trampled on a bit over the past couple of months, but SO WHAT? It has all been my own doing, right? I put myself out there; I made my own decisions. Regardless of how things turned out, I have become a better person because of the experiences. Anyway, blah, blah, blah...

I know, not the juicy stuff you are used to, but there you have it. You have Bea's solemn vow that she is going to put on a much happier face from now on, and not just superficially.... It's not like I am going to walk around with a Cheshire Cat grin on my face or anything... that would be very frightening actually... my intention here is not to actually scare people away... would that be a step up from a negative face??? Interesting...I digress. What I mean is that from now on, I will be attempting to "stop the insanity" if you will, and break free from the blahs and subconscious negative thoughts that have taken over lately, so that everyone I come into contact with will know just how beautiful, warm and amazing Beatrice Petty is inside. Warm and fuzzy enough for you?

Bye from Beatrice

No comments: