Thursday

Hell... Thy name is 168 Symington


Stewie
Originally uploaded by Beatrice Petty.
My back went out this morning. Why? Because once again, my stupid bus was stupid full of stupid people. It was about half full this morning when I got on, with most of the people jammed onto the first half of the vehicle. I made my way down towards the back, pushing through the people too dumb to realize that if only they moved to the back they would a) have more room to stand and not be packed in like sardines and b) more people could get on the bus. But alas, this was not the case, and I weathered through several "tsks" and looks of disgust before I reached the wide open space of the back of the bus.

And then, I thought at first it was some sort of mirage... that my eyes were deceiving me due to the slightly later than normal bedtime the night before... but no, there were actually some seats available. Holy Crap. So I sat and it was good... very good. Until the next stop that is, when Fatty McFat decided to squeeze in next to me and cross his arms... A SEVERE violation of my personal space. I was left with no other option than to twist my upper body away from this vicious and completely undeserved attack. And of course, I coudn't get up, because by this time, the bus was so completely full, that even the retards who wouldn't move down to begin with had been forced to the back. No more wide open spaces for Bea.

And then, it happened... two stops away from the Dundas West subway station. My lower back...I felt it go... the pain was excruciating. It was all I could do to not scream out and smack the guy who had inserted his fat ass next to me. And so began another day in the Big Smoke.

Oddly enough, the whole experience reminded me of something that came up while watching American Idol with Dee. It boggled my mind just a wee bit that there were so many people who truly had no idea that they were the worst singers ever. And to argue with the judges when told this fact... "But my friends and family told me I have the greatest voice ever"... Of course they will say that... because they hate you. If they really cared they would have told you that you sound like a chipmunk on helium... oh, and while you are at it, dressing like a hoochey mamma isn't going to make your voice sound better.

I feel confident that my friends like me enough to tell me when I suck at something... not that I actually do... but if I did, I'm sure they would tell me... Lord knows my Mom has no trouble telling me when she thinks I suck. I love you Mom.

I guess what I am trying to say is that some people could really benfit from a nice healthy dose of insecurity... I'm just putting that out there...

BP

No comments: