Thursday

There's something in the water in Toronto


csbf
Originally uploaded by Beatrice Petty.
What is going on with guys in Toronto? As I am writing this entry, I am in the midst of having an msn chat with a former PNB (Vince... small head, allergic to cats). He kind of disappeared for a while and just recently resurfaced back into my life... Oddly enough on the day that I deleted him as a contact... Anyway, having completely ignored me for a month as he was seeing someone (don't worry, no tears were shed by Beatrice), he's decided to pick up where we last left off... and that was discussing the idea of CSBF.

We never did get to that point, partly because he disappeared off my radar and partly because I wasn't really into him. I'm still not, and despite all his hinting and me plainly stating that I'm not interested... he's not really getting it.

And it's not just me. I won't mention any names so as to protect their anonymity, but no less than 2 other single gals I know in the big city have been "propositioned" over the last couple of days. It's just so bizarre. What is going on with guys? Was there a big convention this weekend where they all got together and decided to gang up on us single gals?

And it's not just a question of "Hey, do you wanna bump uglies? No? Alright, just thought I'd ask. Have a great life."

Nope, these guys are PERSISTENT. "No", it would seem, no longer means "No", it means try harder. It means "maybe if I try and try and try and try and try she'll just give up and relent and then I shall get laid mwahahahahahaha".

So, what's a girl to do? It's not as if we aren't in our sexual primes... a good shagging never hurt anyone... And we should be flattered I suppose. OK, so these guys don't want to date us, but hey, neither do we want to date them... we are all consenting adults... so what's the big deal? Why am I not into it?

I guess it comes down to expectations... Right now, I'm all about having none. Take my date tomorrow for example... Nice guy. I'm looking forward to meeting up... but no expectations... no thoughts of "yay, a new PNB..." which is where my head space should have always been since starting Lava... live and learn.

And so back to the "csbf" concept... It's not that I'm wouldn't be into it... I think I'm just in a place right now where I don't want to meet someone knowing that it's inevitable... Although Vince's detailed description of our "Spa Day" does sound rather tempting... It involves massaging, hot oils, naked showering and other things of this nature... a highly appropriate conversation for two people in the middle of a work day don't you think. Stay tuned for the continuing saga of "Spa Day at Vince's Place".

BP

No comments: