Monday

Well Hello Folks,

Some changes to report. As usual, I made a big booboo. It was brought to my attention that perhaps I shouldn't use people's full names, places of work etc... period! With that in mind, I have gone back and taken out the aforementionned evil doings in my previous posts. And while this may make it confusing for people as to who everyone is (and for me in later years when I read this), you can be rest assured that, should I choose to include you in the masterpiece that is 1-800 Be Petty, your privacy shall from this day forward be upheld.

Ok, onto something a bit more enlightening. In case people didn't know this, I am writing a book. I started it about 2 years ago and was well on my way to having a chapter or three finished before I got a serious case of writer's block. Is there anything more annoying???? Well, besides the subject of my honku of the day which you will find further down... nothing! Anyway, this summer my brain kicked into overdrive and I have picked it up again. Let me summarize it for you: It's the story of a little boy named Harvey who's parents were killed and he has since been brought up with his aunt and uncle and small cousin Stoodley. On his 11th birthday he gets a letter from Hobart's School for Little Wizards and Witches. Ta Da... Little Harvey is a wizard! He then goes on to have many adventures with his two best friends Don Cheesy and Wilhemina Banger.

LOL I'm just kidding folks! I can imagine what you were just thinking... "but Jen???? That's already been turned into one of the most well known books of all time?????" Hee Hee, just my little joke. But seriously, about my book. I really am back to writing it. In a way I am excited about having a break from work as I hope to get it mostly completed. Dee-- I'll be coming to see you soon.

Other than that little tidbit, the only thing new and exciting is 2 for 1 F&C at the PF tonight. I am desperately hoping that there is an even number of people tonight. Two weeks in a row being the odd person out... I am starting to believe that I will never eat a piece of Halibut for the rest of my life!

Adn now, I will leave you with two things. First, my random recommendation du jour: The Educational Archives. I thought that there were only 4, but after an in-depth 1 minute search, there actually now appear to be about 8. What are the educational archives?? Believe me, you already know. Do you remember how excited you were in school when the teacher rolled in a film projector and you thought "Yippee, a film" It didn't matter what it was. All that mattered was you didn't have to learn anything for the next little while. And so you were stuck watching whatever random educational strip the teacher happened to pick off the shelf. My most vivid memory of watching one of these "educational" films was during sex ed, back when they separated the boys from the girls. Do they still do that??? Anyway, I remember watching this crazy 60's film about a girl getting her first period or "mens-true-a-tion". I learned that there was nothing wrong with me, I wasn't a freak... In fact, I was very special that have this happen every month because that meant that I was now...gasp... a women. I also remember the film showing us how to use those crazy sanitary pads with the belts... Hello??? Teacher???? Those hadn't been used in about 20 years thank you very much. Anyway, back to the DVDs. They are grouped by subject and you should definitely check them out: Sex and Drugs, Social Interaction, Driving School, Workplace, Religion, Patriotism, plus another couple. With actuall footage of classroom filmstrips from the 1950' up to the 1980's, they are truly classics. Again, they come with the Be Petty stamp of approval!

And now my Honku:

Woe to the Mustang

What were you thinking?
I know how to sum you up...
Small penis, no taste!

Oh, by the way, this is about the new Mustangs, specifically the convertibles. If you read this and own one-- I'm sorry (about you owning one, not the honku).

Cheers,
J


No comments: