Wednesday

Hi People,

Me once again. Well, 2 days till D-D Day (David Departure Day). As much as I don't want him to go, I really hate the waiting. He's with the doggies right now. I hope they don't attack him like they did a few weeks ago. Mean doggies! You can't tell me that dogs are better than cats!!! When was the last time a cat had to be put down for mauling a person to death. I know, I know, Roy of Seigfried and Roy is now a "special" person because of a cat attack, but I'm talking about wee domesticated cats, like Oreo or my friend Dee's cat Spaz. A little scratch now and again, but that's about it. Anyway, that's my profound statement of the day: Cats are better than Dogs!!!

Switching gears here, I would like to mention that I have followed my own RRDJ from the other day and picked up Graham Hancock's new book, Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilzations. Can't wait to start it. I'll let you know how I am progressing. Feel free to pick it up so we can all read together and have discussions about it, like Oprah's Book Club. We can call it Petty's Book Lovers' Peruse and Talk About the Book While We Read the Book Together Club and Forum Inc. Let me know what you think about the title. Too long Maybe. How about the acronym: PBLPATATBWWRTBTCAFI. Much better!

No Honku today folks as I actually... get this... actually walked into town. But I did add to my philatetic collection today (that's stamps for the unitiated) by purchasing the Year of the Monkey souvenir sheets and uncut full sheet. They are very beautiful. I know my grandma will be happy that I am adding to her collection.

Being stuck in Vic. has left me to live vicariously through my friends and I hope to have some thrilling stories of my good friend KS's trip to Bancock. He left this morning and will be back in a few days. That's the problem when you only get to travel when you are kicking people out of the coutry... you don;t really get the chance to enjoy your stay. And here's hoping that he doesn't pick up the Bird Flu while he's there. More on that saga later.

RRDJ: DVD Commentaries. Is there anything better? I just love to hear all the fascinating tidbits on the behind the scenes of film making. The director's ones are very good, but if you can find cast commentaries, they are usually pretty funny. If anything, they can at least give you some insights as to what kind of person the actor is in real life.

Ta,
J

No comments: