Tuesday

Good Morning All,

Had a good dinner of F&C at the PF last night, but I don't know what is up with that place. Sometimes they use this beautiful, that's right, I said beautiful light batter that has very little grease. This is the kind of battered fish I like. However, sometimes...and this is what turned me off of eating there for a while... sometimes the batter is very, very, very thick and greasy. This was the case last night and while others at the dinner table (ie. Mr Vandelay) seemed to enjoy this preparation better, my poor little tummy just can't handle it. I won't go into too much detail about the icky feelings in my l'il tomak last night except to say that it reminded me of my Vancouver days. What a great segue into my random recommendation du jour:

Living in the West End of Vancouver enabled me to sample a large variety of different ethnic restaurants... Oh who am I kidding... every second restaurant was a sushi/japanese food place. With sushi freak friends like KS visiting every weekend, I definitely got my fill of these places. However, of all the ones I visited, there are two of note. The first one, and the best one, in my opinion is Kisha Poppo on Davie. Very yummy all-you-can-eat. I nursed many a day-after-too-much-partying days there. Nothing helps a hangover better than miso soup and gyoza!

The other one that I will mention is Tanpopo and I am not mentionning this establishment because it is superior in any way to Kisha Poppo. In actuality, the reverse is true. It is also an all-you-can-eat place and is really only worth going to in the summertime and that's only because it has a nice outdoor rooftop overlooking Denman. Those of us who have sampled the fare at this resaurant have a little saying: "you get the poo poo from the Tanpopo". Which brings us back to last night... TOO MUCH GREASE! And there, I told you way too much about my l'il tomak last night! For more information on Vancouver's great resaurants or more specifically, the not so great ones, check the Vancouver Health Board's Restaurant closures site. Check it frequently to avoid messy apres dinner parties!

And last, but not least my Honku. Today it is dedicated to my good friend SAM (please note that name has been changed for legal purposes). I call this little number Ode to the Snorkel Truck:

Ode to the Snorkel Truck

Hey, there's a snorkel!
How did it get on that truck?
Ev'ry man--jealous

TTFN,
J

No comments: