Tuesday

Allo?

Happy Tuesday. I bet all zero of you who will read this are wondering if anything new and exciting happened between yesterday and today. Well, besides today being one day closer to the time my Scotsman leaves (Jan 29) and me being unemployed (Feb 17)... Nope. I did have another great dinner at the Penny though. Check out the site to see the photos taken of the pub by my good friend ST--Photographeuse Extraordinaire. No one takes a picture of gigantic halibut like Ms. T-B!

In my first Blog I introduced you all (all zero of you) to my Honku. Maybe you were wondering... What the heckelly deckelly is a Honku. It's a Haiku (3 line poem: 5 syll, 7 syll, 5 syll) dedicated to the frustrations of driving. Well, you may or may not know this about me, but I sometimes get REALLY frustrated while driving! I know, I know, very surprising due to the delicate nature of my personality. And sometimes that frustration is compounded by the fact that I live in Victoria, BC: The Uber Old Person capital of Canada. With that in mind, I present, for your entertainment a Honku entitled:

<em>Ode to the Left Turn Signal

Old person driving
Can you not hear that ticking?
Please, stop the blinking!


I hope you enjoyed that. Are you excited that you will be able to live my drives to work in the morning? I know I am.

Before I sign off for today, I will leave you with a video suggestion that was discussed at dinner last night. If you haven't seen Trekkies, rush to your nearest video store and rent it now. It's a documentary that documents (really?) the obsession that many people (more than you know) have with Star Trek. And here is some late breaking news. In undertaking the very indepth research that I do for writing my Blog, I have discovered that they are coming out with a Trekkies 2. How cool is that???? Anyway, back to Trekkies. It helps to Be Petty though, so enjoy.

TTFN,
J

No comments: