Sunday

Bonjour mes amies,

Today is Sunday and I am at work as usual. It's pretty icky here in Victoria today, but at leat were not -100, 000, 000 degrees like some of the country. I had a pretty quiet evening last night so, lucky for you, you do not have to hear any stories about my sordid life. But here is what some other people are up to.

In one of my Blogs, I mentionned my friend Art Vandelay, of Vandelay Industries Inc. You can check out his blog on the sidebar. Anyway, an update on the Mrs. Vandelay situation has recently occured in that Mrs. Vandelay, who was supposed to be attending university in Halifax for 2 years has come back home. How does this affect me, you may be asking? Well, so much for me having someone else to mope with when my Scotsman leaves on the 30th (not the 29th as originally believed... it helps to actually check to plane ticket!). So, it looks as if I will be left to wallow in my sorrow alone.

On a lighter note, I have brought my good friend Deeover to the dark side. She just started her first Blog. I have hers posted along the side. Check out what PLaTo's BAbe has to say from time to time. Also, Dee is the person who you will want to talk to to A) get a screenplay written, b) produce your own tv show, c) direct a movie and d) get published in a magazine and e)hire a puppet to kill your ex.

As for my random recommendation du jour... Here's one for you, but it may take a bit of searching on your part. It's been a dogs age since I have seen The Search for One-Eyed Jimmy. Don't worry if you haven't heard of it, I only ever saw it in one video store and I am pretty sure it didn't come out in wide release in the theatres. Anyway, here is what it's about: "While working on a documentary on his old neighborhood, a young film school graduate shifts the focus of his production onto the disappearance of a local resident and the strange characters who are conducting the search to find him". All I can really remember about this film is that I laughed so hard throughout the entire thing that I can't remember what it is about. So there, you now have the Be Petty stamp of approval! You'll love it if you are a Steve Buscemi fan.

So that's it for me today. I'll have a honku for y'all tomorrow as it wasn't quite ready for this publication.

Ta,
J

No comments: