Tuesday

And Now For Something Completely Different

Just so y'all don't think that I have turned into some crazy basketball fiend... Let us switch channels shall we? And I do meant that literally...

Of course, not really dating much these days leaves me loads of time for something much more rewarding... TV. You know, I used to be kind of ashamed to admit that I loved watching TV. It is kind of one of those things that I think most people secretly do enjoy, but god forbid you should admit it to those around you lest people think you are a couch potato or whatever other negative connotation comes with being an avid TV watcher. Don't get me wrong, I don't watch any and every show out there and it's usually just on as background noise. In fact, I can count on one hand the shows that I watch faithfully: House, America's Next Top Model (go ahead and laugh... I freaking love that show), American Idol, Simpsons if I can, Family Guy I have seen all of... jeez, what else. The rest I pretty much usually catch by accident. The other good shows I wait for on DVD and watch commercial-free.

More often than not, I tune in to the History Channel and see what's on... and somehow I always manage to come to shows that count down things... things such as the world's top 10 fighter jets, or tanks, or bombers... why feel compelled to know what the worlds best amphibious attack vehicle is is beyond me, but I never once claimed that I was not the world's biggest geek... Another favorite is the one about the worst jobs in history... again, geek... but there you have it.

Anyway, got off on a bit of a tangent there, as the whole point of my posting today was supposed to be about American Idol and not the world's best excavator...

So, Idol, right. Am I the only one finding this year kind of ho-hum? True, there is some pretty good talent AND they don't all sound like Justin Timberlake/ Brittany wannabees this year, but I still get the "didn't I see this exact same thing last year? The year before? The year before that?" I guess I keep tuning in because Simon is particularly nasty this year and he has been fun to watch. And it's always a gas to try and guess just what substance Paula is on... playing drinking games with Randy-- you drink whenever he says "Dawg", "Dog Pound", "Yo" "Yo Dawg" (take two drinks when he says this), "What's up?", "You really brought it", "Man" and "You know what? I really like you." Now that I think about it, that's pretty much the only reason for tuning in...

No comments: