Tuesday

Knights in Shining Armour and Other Nonsense...



Oreo had a little check-up with the Vet last night and he seems very pleased with her progress. This, in turn, has now led to a wee infatuation with said Vet, who I have now come to regard as my knight in shining armour... A brave man who rushed in to save a damsel in distress and rescued her little one from the brink of death. Laugh if you must, but this was the way events unfolded. True, this could have something to do with the theme of the movies this damsel and her roommate watched over the weekend... A Knight's Tale on Friday, and MP's Holy Grail on Saturday... Whatever, that's my story and I am sticking to it!

But what is a fact and as I stated above, is that I do have a wee little crush on Dr. Doolittle. He's an adorable little man... with his little pants, dirtied by who knows what animal's discharge... and his gentle manner. Completely unattainable and that is fine with me thank you very much...

Which leads me to my newest "did she really just say that" revelation. From henceforth, until such a time that I decide that this is not to be the case, which, as we all know is completely random... I shall crush only on those people who are completely unattainable, unpossible, and unpractical. The list shall be as follows, with additions possibly forthcoming every day. For the time being they are:

Dr. Doolittle... he's married, I think... and it is highly likely that I am experiencing a form of "hero-worship" which would not lead to any sort of healthy relationship.

Celebrity Boyfriends a plenty... take you pick from any of the following: Orlando, Vince V., that guy who plays Mr. Darcy in the new Pride and Prejudice movie, Gerard Butler (I know, he is CBS's now... but I did say unpossible right?), and of course the mostest adorablest Clive who sits above... way too many others to name, but you get the idea.

The mailman at work... yeah, I saw him today, he's married... so what?

Peter Mackay... yeah, he's a right wing conservative, and I'm not... so what? He wears gumboots. How is that not sexy?

Former-PNB... he drives me crazy and goes out of his way to torment me... and has no interest in me whatsoever... but I did say unattainable, unpossible and unpractical right??? But hey, it's harmless crushing and until I meet someone else who drives me crazy and goes out of his way to torment me... and who IS actually interested in me, former-PNB it is!

3 different dudes who ride my bus... there are no less than 3 very adorable boys who I see either in the morning or evening who I enjoy oggling. Again, married... I know this because I have mastered the fine art of "eavesdropping" on the conversations of complete strangers. You should try it sometime.

More to come on this as the days go by...

Beatrice "yep, I went there" Petty

4 comments:

mollyblogger said...

I'm with you on the whole Mr.Vet = knight on shining horse or whatever...

but he comes across a bit shifty with humans. Notice how he won't stand within 10 feet of you at all times?

Shifty, shifty vet man.

But thanks for the eye candy... the world needs more Clives on horses, in armor... yummy.

Beatrice Petty said...

Shifty? No... it must be you who makes him nervous, Molly... gosh darnit, first CBS with Gerard and now my own roommate with the vet...

I give up!

Anonymous said...

My "little Clive" is bigger than the one the horse has... too bad you are infatuated with a vet.. i would take you for a ride on it!

Beatrice Petty said...

Thanks for joining in Clive... do you think you could send a picture? I may re-think the whole vet fetish...