Friday

Could I Be More Excited?

That the weekend is almost upon us? I seriously doubt it. Not that I have any truly exciting plans this weekend, except the Psychic Fair of course, which is pretty fun... lots of neat, interesting and often times odd things to see there...

Lately, I have come to view weekends as mental health days. Days where I can flake out and do nothing, think about nothing, recharge etc ... and long weekends? As far as I am concerned there are just not enough of them. Why? In plain and simple terms? I am burnt out. Being on contract means that the employer happily gets to save some money and not have to give you and holiday and sick days... which is super great for the employer, but super sucky for the employee who, in this case, would be me. I can't remember the last time I had longer than just a few days off. Even last year's home for Christmas fiasco only allowed for a few days away and thanks to Jets Go and the stupid courier company who lost my luggage for 2 weeks, they were hardly restful.

I need a vacation. I need one now. I need it to be longer than just a two day weekend.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. I'm shutting up now.

Bea

2 comments:

TheatreChick73 said...

Amen Sister Bea! I am with you!

Here's hoping you get some time off soon. With pay of course :)

I'll be praying for ya Sister Bea!

mollyblogger said...

I thought you worked it out so that you will get some vacation time?? Or at least sick days.

Maybe it's time to renegotiate?