Monday

Wasabi People!

Got a chance to speak with my Scotsman today. Got the sniffles a few times...

Just want to clarify something re: Oscar Picks so that you don't think that I am a complete tard. The predictions were not predictions per say..... meaning that there was absolutely no edumacated quessing or research done on my part. I haven't even see half the movies. In fact, if I had put all the nominees up on a dart board and thrown darts to determine the winner, I would probably have gotten more right! In fact, I just might do that so I can compare the two. I'll keep you posted.

In other entertainment news... What's up with the whole Janet Jackson showing her boob thing? The FCC is now launching an investigation into this "gratuitous display of nudity". You would think that all the money they will spend getting to the bottom, or should I say the boobie (tee hee) of this silly affair could be spent on something a little more worthwhile such as... preventing kids from taking guns to school and killing fellow students? I dunno, just a thought. Maybe they could also hire a monkey to make Dubya's speeches from now on: "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, July 22, 2001... Uh, Ok George. Oh, what a sick, sick world we live in.

Continuing in entertainment news... Supposedly, my little Legolas is going to propose to his so called "girlfriend" Kate something or other. Am I angry? Am I bitter? Am I jealous? Do I want to through something?.......yes. I know, I know... He's a flaming meterosexual, but....but.... Oh, who am I kidding, that actually does annoy me. The next thing I'll find out is that he drives a convertible Ford Mustang! Is there no justice in this world!

Today's RRDJ might make you laugh, but at least it won't cost you anything in the way of movie rentals or book purchases and the like. My recommendation is the spend a few minutes each day singing. That's right, I said sing... sing out loud... Seriously! There are few pastimes that I enjoy more. Do I irritate other people by my singing... definitely, but I usually don't do it in public--karoake is a different story however. In your apartment, in your car on the way to work (if everybody sang out loud in their car, then no one would be left to laugh at said people singing in their cars...think about it)... just about anywhere really. Do I have a nice voice? In my mind I do, but to others...mmmmm... probably not. But it doesn't really matter... because... if it feels good do it, even if you shouldn't, don't let people mess you around (Sloan...I sing this when it comes on the radio). Looking for ideas of songs to sing? I tend to enjoy musicals; Cats is a particular favorite (you probably don't need to know that I know all the words to all the songs), but any Andrew Lloyd Webber musical will do. Rap, opera, rock, hip hop, pop, oldies, you name it--they are all good. Classical? Hmm, not so good, only because there are no words. Country? Again, not good, but only because I dislike the genre and it would annoy me to hear you singing it. Singing a country song in a convertible Ford Mustang??? Mommy--make it stop?

No comments: