Sunday

Howdy all,

So, my new favorite thing on TV is actually not a show...although I did catch a bit of Elimidate last night and it was very mentally stimulating...as usual. No folks, my new fav is a wee little gnome, the Roaming Gnome in fact. With his little red hat and cute little english accent (luv that accent), he roams the world searching for adventures. We are very much alike, he and I. That's probably why I am so drawn to his magnetism. So, in lieu of a honku today, you get a list of the top 5 reasons why Jennifer and the Roaming Gnome are soul mates:

5) We both like to travel
4) We both wear crazy red hats, although I have to wear mine at work and not for fun
3) We both speak really bad french - bonjour as they say
2) We have both made travel arrangments through Travelocity...it's true, I have!
1) We both enjoy a stinky piece of cheese--a pungent, ghastly stinky piece of cheese

Oh man, I crack myself up! But it actually reminds me that cheese is my favorite food. As such, feel free to refer to my new sidebar addition for all of your cheese needs. There's a whole other world out there--a world of cheese, glorious cheese! And here's a birthday gift hint... They have a cheese of the month club...think about it.

While we are on the subject of Cheese, just spoke to my friend KS in Cowtown. Apparently Calgary looks like a "big dirty and hairy asshole" today! That visual is much appreciated, thanks.

Well, as today's themes seem to be gnomes and cheese, I'll try to relate my RRDJ to the both of them. Ok, Ok, they might not be gnomes, but at least they are British. And there is definitely some cheese involved! Yes, I am talking about Monty Python, England's great comedy export of the 1970's. I gew up watching the movies...Holy Grail is my pick...and it was only recently that I started on the Flying Circus and even then, it took me a wee while to actually figure out with the hell was going on. The trick, of course, is to Be Petty. I've watched the episodes un-Pettied and they just aren't the same. Some of them are really, really bizarre especially in the later series when John Cleese left, but they are still pretty freaking hilarious! How funny are these guys? Well, lets just say that Pythonesque is now an official part of the english language. I hope one day to get Pettyesque in the dictionary. If anyone can think of a good definition, let me know!

Ta,
J

No comments: