Tuesday

Howdy,

So, you may or may not notice a change in my Blog name. The 1-800 always looked weird, so I decided to take it out. Not that it or I will make any more sense from now on.

I'll just start right off with my Honku. You know, there are certain things about driving that really get my goat. I think we all know how I feel about the Devil's car... and no, I don't mean my friend KS... He has a Kia I think, but he is the Devil though...seriously... On a good day he can also be the Queen of England, but that's a whole other story. Anyway, back to my driving issues. Besides Mustang convertibles and people who finger you, I must say that one of the top driving annoyances that I have experienced are when people decide at the very last minute to turn. There are a variety of last-minute turners and I may just do a whole series of honkus devoted to the subject (ie. if you had told me you were turning right, down my street, I could have gone ages ago... now I will have to wait 5 more minutes for a break in the traffic you dumbass!!!). Todays' honku is about those people who decide to tell you that they are turning left, as the light is going green, or as they are in the intersection already. Annoying at anytime, but particularily so when I very easily could have changed lanes to bypass your stupidity (Johnson and Quadra), if only you had a courteous bone in your body and had informed everyone of your intention to turn. Here goes:

That Brings One's Car to Face as One's Left Side Did Before

You should have told us
Of your intention to turn.
Held captive are we!


Oh, another annoying thing that has happened to me twice in the last 12 hours... my car battery died. I was over for dinner at Art and Mrs. Vandelay's place last night and was brilliant enough to leave my lights on for 4 hours. Luckily another friend at dinner was leaving at the same time and was able to give me boost. I thought that I had driven around long enough to give it enough charge for the morning. Nope! Called a cab to give me another boost. Will I make it home tonight? Only time will tell.

And back to the Devil/the Queen/ my friend KS. He just got back from Thailand and despite having issues with the other person with whom he was travelling, he had a nice time. Can't wait to see that suit!

For my RRDJ today, I will turn my attention to food. I think everyone I know is either Atkinsing or is Vegan so this will not likely be a recommendation that is enjoyed by anyone but who cares... It's my RRDJ and I can do what I want with it. Besides, no one reads this freaking thing anyway (except my good friend Dee...she's going to be famous soon you know. I can say I knew her when...)! Back to food... If you happen NOT to be anti-carbs and/or Vegan (oh my god, can you do atkins and be a vegan?) check out Olivieri Swiss Cheese and Black Forest Ham Medallions. Fabulous and good enough to eat without any sauce at all. Of course there are many, many other types of pasta (20 to be exact) and lots of different sauces (14 in total), so I guess you veg heads could partake as well. So there you have it. I hope you get a chance to eat and enjoy.

TTFN

No comments: