Wednesday

Viva La France

Yes,

I’ll admit it. I’ve been in a bit of a tizzy over my beloved England’s loss to a bunch of “Your pathetic acting is not even good enough for a soap opera, so why don’t you just suck it up and stop pretending that you are even remotely in pain and get up and play some gosh darned football you gosh darned pansies” babies. Strong words I know...

I was hopeful that Angleterre would win, but when I woke up and saw that my Crouchie was not on the starting lineup and that only one striker would be played, a loss was now more than just a slight possibility. Sigh… If only I had been the coach.

Pretty much I could care two hoots about the WC right now, except for the game today… France vs. Portugal. Who do I want to win? Well… I’m thinking that the Old Girl has been causing a bit of bad luck in the tournament recently. Why? Because every single team that I have rooted for has lost. It’s true. Australia, Switzerland, Germany, England, Spain, Netherlands, Ghana… All losers. Did I mention that I came dead last in my pool?

So, um, regarding today’s game…

GO PORTUGAL!!!

Crouch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Beatrice

I just found your January 26 2006 entry.

Gung Haggis Fat Choy™
is the "correct" spelling...
I have been organizing Gung Haggis Fat Choy™ dinners since 1998 in Vancouver BC.

I hope you can join my inaugural Gung Haggis Fat Choy™ for Toronto set for February 2007.

Soecuak guests will be Silk Road Music and maybe George Sapounidis, who were both featured in the Leo award nominated CBC TV special Gung Haggis Fat Choy™

- For the origins of Gung Haggis Fat Choy™ - check out my website
www.gunghaggisfatchoy.com

Cheers, Todd Wong aka Toddish McWong