Tuesday

Mr. Right Now???

... Is Mr. No Longer... unofficially anyway, but I am sure my body language was pretty loud and clear.

You know when you are supposedly interested in someone and you hang on their every word and actually give a care about what they are saying? Their thoughts, feelings, ideas, opinions etc...

Last night was kind of the opposite of that. Don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy... but I have to be honest and ask myself...

"Do I really want to hear another story about what it is like to be a night security guard at the Zoo?"

And the answer would be...

"No."

I'm kidding... sort of... not really. Actually, there are issues that run deeper than the fact that he isn't all that exciting and just won't challenge me like I need to be... fundamental issues that the two of us have spent the entire time skirting around, although we both know they are there. Issues such as one of us being a big fan of Bush... actually we are both fans of Bush although for me, being a fan of Bush entails the musical stylings of one adorable Gavin Rossdale as opposed to the president of our neighbours to the south... issues of one of us being for the war in Iraq, one against... pro-guns vs. anti-guns... pro-fundamental human rights vs. anti-fundamental human rights... you know, those sorts of happy little things.

Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for someone with the same opinions as me... as someone who loves to debate that would be awfully boring. But there are just some things that one cannot reconcile... also, I was kind of pissed that he didn't drive me home last week after our movie.

Yep, I'm a big baby.

Bea

1 comment:

TheatreChick73 said...

He didn't drive you home!? Well that's lame. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

But then again, is there any such thing as good rubbish?

Outta my way, I need to get home. House is on tonite!