Thursday

A Few Observations

Now that my social life has been put on hold for the time being, as I am due to go back to the mini-island from whence I came very shortly (and I am done fishing for the time being)... this of course, assumes that the bazillion feet of snow that we are expecting over the next 24 hours does not wreak havoc with my flight like it did last year. Fingers crossed that I am flying with an airline who will not choose to go belly up 2 days before Christmas like last time... I said fingers crossed dammit!!! That's' right, both of them... Thank you.

Anyway, I've been making metal notes of various things that I have noticed. Observances if you will and I've been dying to put them down as reference for when and if I ever decide to pick up the pen and write a letter to the editor, mayor etc... I like to think of them as suggestions on how to make living in the big city better for EVERYONE. Here is one that comes up pretty much on a daily basis...

Some things should not be allowed on public transit during rush hour. Now, if anyone out there frequently uses mass transit to commute to and from work, regardless of what city you live in, I think you'll be able to relate. Here is a list of items/behaviours that make it very awkward for the rest of us to have a comfortable commute... which is practically impossible even under the best of circumstances: giant rolls of carpeting big enough to carpet your entire house, big dogs that bark, entire classrooms of students on field trips, bags of hockey equipment enough to outfit an entire team, anything sharp and pointy, eating McDonalds, a ghetto blaster cranked to the max with crappy rap music (or any other kind of music for that matter), people preaching openly about Jesus and about going to hell for your lack of enthusiasm and belief therein...

I have so many more but I feel I must away to the loft before I get caught up in snow drifts...

Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bea - on an unrelated topic, are ya coming through Van City at all???