Sunday

Helloski,

This dates me, but today I heard a car commercial using the song Ballroom Blitz. What a great song. It SSOOOOOOOO reminded me of growing up on this wee little island on the west cost. Saltspring has this reputation of being Hippiesville but in reality it is more like Rednecksville. There is quite a dicotomy in lifestyles on this island... It is very strange. But at the same time, there is much interaction. For example, when I was in high school you had a variety of different social groups. You had the hippies, the nerds, the jocks, the stoners, the gunnits (for those big city folk who are unfamiliar with what a gunnit is... think really loud cars, now think pushing the petal to the metal ie. gunning it--hence the name gunnit), preppies ets... You name it we had it. I myself changed throughout my high school years. First I was a Prep, the I was Mod and then I was Prep again and I pretty much stayed there until UVIC...when I became a combo Prep/Rave/Casual gal. Anyway, back to high school; you had all these different social groups but they all tended to interact. Which is why pretty much all the groups had one thing in common... Being Petty... How neat that this ties into the title of this blog. Hee Hee. Love it. Or.... Bah da da da daahhh, I'm Lovin' it. Ha! So what is the point of this entry? Nothin', except to maybe introduce a new word into some peoples' lexicon-- Gunnit. You'll thank me later.
J

No comments: