Wednesday

Can You Stand It?

The wait? I know I can't...

Has anyone not thought it weird that I have yet to display any excitement about the release of Goblet of Fire in theatres last Friday?

Anyone? Bueller?

I thought so...

The conversation a few weeks ago went something like this:

Cell phone rings.

Bea picks up "Hello".

Roomie answers, voice sad "Hey".

Bea "How was your dentist appointment?"

Roomie hesitates "Um, Ok"

Bea, concerned "Is everything OK?"

Roomie, bursting into tears "No, everything is NOT Ok! My life is over and I fear that you will never speak to me again"

Bea, reassuring "Now, now, it can't be all that bad. Tell me, what happened?"

Roomie sobbing "I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out"

Bea laughing "Oh silly, why do you think I would be offended that you had to get your wisdom teeth taken out? I've had mine removed. It's only natural. Most people have it done at some point or other"

Roomie "No, it's not that, it's..."

Bea "What? Tell me. I can handle it"

Roomie, hesitant "... It's just... just, that the only day the dentist can do it is on the 18th..."

Bea is silent on the other end of the line.

Roomie "Beatrice? Are you still there?"

Bea, now cold "Yes, I'm here. Can't you do it the following week?"

Roomie "No, it's that day or never. It's not like I am happy about it or anything. If I could change it I would, but I can't. I just can't ok? Please tell me you are not mad. We'll go as soon as I am better OK?"

No response from Bea

Roomie "Bea? Bea?? Say something... Please? I never meant for this to happen. If I could take it back I would. Bea?"

Beatrice, in a monotone voice "You are dead to me. DEAD TO ME..."

Click. Phone goes dead.

OK, a little (a lot... it actually went something more like "oh, that sucks, we'll just go when you are better then..."... anyway) exaggerated, but you get the idea of the tragedy that befell our household recently. Well, today is FINALLY the day... The roomie has recovered from her dental surgery enough to be able to go to see it, albeit without being able to munch on popcorn. Yes, I could have gone without her. In fact, it was an interesting view into the mind of other people... a colleague at work as well as my Computer Philosopher both suggested that I should go and then pretend that I hadn't gone... but I resisted because, I am like, the bestest friend a person could, like have, like ever...

So tonight is the night... why oh why can't it be 5 o'clock already?

1 comment:

mollyblogger said...

*Shudder* It was such an awful moment, when the dentist delivered the bad news.

But just think Bea, at the premiere we wouldn't have been special, just two people in costume in a sea of wannabe mini-wizards! Tonight our outfits will really stand out!