Tuesday

A Funny Thing Happened...

On the way to posting today... I'll post what I wrote today tomorrow... but sadly, just as I was getting ready to go online... I was unexpectedly and more than mildly sickened by the news that I was totally screwed over by work today...

In a nutshell, I was so screwed over that IF by such fortunate happenstance I actually get offered the position that I was already offered but which has now been demoted and being posted externally so that I now have to apply and interview for like any random idiot who has not been in a higher level position with said organization for the past few years... that truly there is no chance that I could possibly work for an organization who would treat a valued employee in this manner.

I take comfort in the fact that once I leave no one will have an iota of a clue as to how things work there. I know that sounds odd and really conceited... but note to employers... try not to only have a contract employee be the only one who actually knows how to make your organization function... I'm just sayin'.

Stay tuned for today's tomorrow post: a hilarious commentary on the FIFA World Cup championship... whose work pool I am in... but will likely not even be around to reap the rewards of victorious participation therein.

Bea "Back to BC with my tail between my legs? Perhaps" Petty

2 comments:

Cascadia said...

people are awful.....what on earth is the reasoning behind such a thing?

sadly, this is not the first time i have heard of such a thing happening....sometimes, you are promised a job, to be told you don't qualify, to be told you have to share a job with someone else in which they make you do the same things others are being paid 3x as much to do....sound familiar?

you will find something better....i know that because i know you are an awesome worker full of drive, creativity and awesome amazing ideas. go find one of those companies that actually values their employees, there are not a lot, bit i know they are out there. the sad thing, how many people do you know have left positions bitter because of being treated poorly? i actually know a place where that stat is close to 100%. what a sad sad statement about employers.

Beatrice Petty said...

Thanks Cass,

The whole sitch is mystifying... and yes, sadly not uncommon... as we both well know :(