Tuesday

Hey Peeps,

I guess I should say a big hello to those of you who are actually checking back now and again to see if I have been updating. And of course I haven't been. It's been ages and I am sorry. I promise to be a little more diligent from now on although.... I think I already promised that once already and nothing really came of it. I would hate to be known as someone who breaks promises so maybe I will just say that I will try to be more diligent from now on. But, yet, at the same time, I make a point of following the wise advice of the Jedi Master, which is to do or do not, there is no try. OK, how about this. I will update this whenever I can/feel like it/have something to say/am bored/all of the above. Does that sound satisfactory? I thought so.

Now, what the heck has been going on with Toronto me? The following should give you a general picture of what my life has been like over the past month... give or take. These are in no particular order.

1) Started a job with the Canadian Olympic Committee. Pretty cool
2) Co-wrote an novel from start to finish in 3 days and entered it into a contest to get it published... I think that is wicked cool!
3) Started a production company with my friend Dee: Shadow Play Productions. Check it out.
4) Had my cat Oreo flown out. A wee bit of a challenge to get two cats to get along.
5) Volunteered/ am volunteering with the Toronto International Film Festival. Pretty much the most fun I have had... ever... and I worked for Club Med, people!
6) Got to see Orlando Bloom... In person. That's right, in the flesh. And... got to meet the director of his movie. And..... his rep. Is he as cute as he is in his photos and movies... yep. (I also saw Ben Mulroney the other day but in no way do I actually count that as a celeb sighting.)
7) Met the head producer of a big production company here in Toronto who has agreed to look at some of my stuff. Yippee!
8) Watched the Olympics--one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. Someone should sign that Canadian team to a sitcom deal. I am thinking something like Friends, but with more flips. Oh, and also co-composed an alternative version of our national anthem: No Canada, We really, really suck, Can't win a medal, Who knows why the ......." etc, etc.
8) A bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now because I am so tired from being uber volunteer and having a cat who doesn't let me get any sleep at night!

But before you start saying out loud... "Wow, that Petty sure has a great life in the Big Smoke", there are still some things that have yet to sort themselves out. Here they are, once again, in no particular order.

1) Psycho landlord had a huge freakout on my head for NO reason whatsoever. He is fucking nuts! And I don't mean that in the "KS, gun-loving, devil-voice doing, over-smoking" kind of way-- I mean certifiable like "you really belong in Eric Martin on some heavy meds for the rest of your life" kind of crazy. He is not allowed back into our loft and...
2) While that is a good thing on so many levels, it means that our construction has now come to a grinding halt because Dee and I have just been too busy to get someone else in here to finish it off. Poo.
3) Love life? We don't need no stinking love life?
4) Petty has not "Been Petty" for a very long time :(
5) The TIFF, which has of late become my raison d'etre will be over on Saturday. Whatever shall become of me?

JK-----------> hand sign

Petty

No comments: